Monday, May 30, 2011

.knoxville.



I've been in Knoxville Tennessee  for the past month and have formed quite the liking to this southern 'mountain hipster kid' town. Everywhere I have gone to eat.. drink.. shop.. hike whatever it may be someone has introduced themselves to me and sparked conversation. A whole different world compared to the snooty Scottsdale Arizona where I spent 3 months at the end of last year. Its comforting when people are easy to befriend & makes it a heck of a lot easier to search out the sweet spots in town.  I seem to frequent the same places over.. and over again.. or ordering in shitty chinese food (dont ever wing ordering Chinese food in Madison Wisconsin...), Knoxville pushed me out of my shell.  This town is a place I could relocate to. A few of my favorite spots so far are located downtown (also where the University of Tennessee's campus is): Market Square (preservation pub, La Costa, Soccer Taco, Swagger, etc)Old City (theres a hip hop dance club called Hanna's cafe down here!). I also spent a day down at Norris Dam where the water was freeeeeeeezing but the clearest I've ever seen! Initially I was looking for a swimming hole but there was no possible way anyone could even stand in the water without catching hypothermia 5 minutes later! Its nestled in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee so the short 25 minute drive was worth getting eaten alive by mosquitos and the vitamin D overload that day.





Norris Dam:



Clearest water ever



Downtown Knoxville:

 Talk about efficient gardening! Tomato plant growing from a 2nd floor window
 Reminds me of DT Iowa City
Market Square


 The pub. 
 Super cool take on Beatles covers and a bunch of others. They sounded amazing 






No comments:

Post a Comment